Whistler Crankworx Day 4 - Garbanzo Downhill
Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Where: On Mountain
The Kokanee Crankworx festival takes place from July 16 to 24, 2011.
This festival gets better and better each year and this year Crankworx promises to blow the past away with the future.
Crankworx Day 4 Events
It starts way up in the stratosphere, where giant old-growth firs wrap the forest floor with anaconda-thick root systems, whistling down forever over super steep slick rock, banging off stunts and natural hits along the way before opening it up rocket style to the finish.
3,400 vertical of arm pumping, finger cramping, non-relenting down hill that will test the likes of Gee Atherton, Brendan Fairclough, Steve Smith and current World Champion Sam Hill.
Format includes one run.
While the 2011 course is to be determined here is a review of the 2010 course.
- Start behind the Garbanzo lift hut
- Original Sin (including the uphill section)
- exit Original Sin at the step down/step up tree island on the Dave Murray flats
- proceed down Blue Velvet
- traverse and proceed into In Deep
- after rock face turn left towards Container (FatCrobbat would require a right turn at this point)
- from Container into No Joke/ Duffman
- remain on Duffman until merges with Golden Triangle
- continue on World Cup Singletrack
- Ho Chi Min
- Monkey Hands to finish.
Looking for Hotel Accommodations during Crankworx?
Adara Hotel's Whistler Village location makes the hotel an ideal choice for your stay during the 2011 Whistler Crankworx. Check out our Whistler Village hotel or contact our in-resort staff for more information.