Celebrate Thanksgiving in Whistler
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013
This upcoming long weekend is a busy one, filled with Thanksgiving specials, events, and dinner menus. We've put together an insider's guide with everything you need to know to make the most out of your Thanksgiving vacation in Whistler!
There are so many fantastic discounts being offered throughout the village this weekend between October 11th - 14th.
- Turkey Sale and Whistler Mountain Ski & Board Swap features top name brands for up to 70% off equipment and accessories, 50% off apparel and outerwear as well as the opportunity to find great deals on second hand gear. Both events take place at the Blackcomb Daylodge starting Friday at noon until Monday at 5 pm. This truly is your one-stop shop to get all your winter gear in order before opening day. (Insider's Tip: Frozen turkeys will be sold at the sale starting 9 am on Saturday for only $15 (cash only) and all proceeds will be donated to the Whistler Food Bank.)
- Most of the shops throughout the Village Stroll are holding Thanksgiving promotions for up to 70% off. Stop in at Evolution Whistler for 2013 winter and summer gear, The Circle Whistler for sales on everything in the store, Summit Sports has bike and ski/snowboard gear on sale, Skiis and Biikes for great deals on winter equipment and apparel.
Be thankful that you don't have to cook by indulging in one of the Thanksgiving dinner specials being offered by restaurants throughout the village. Here are just a few of them:
- Bearfoot Bistro will deliver a delicious turkey dinner to your home for $68 per person
- La Bocca is offering an in-house four course harvest menu for $30... just steps from the hotel
- Sidecut will provide a fully loaded takehome dinner for $228 (based on 6 people)
- Wild Wood Bistro & Bar has a great 3-course dinner special for only $23.99 per person
The Whistler Olympic Plaza (Saturday) and Millennium Place (Sunday) are hosting a variety of events between 12 pm - 4 pm:
- Pumpkin Carving courtesy of Nesters Food Market Whistler
- Fall Arts and Crafts including paper turkeys, leaf stamp cards, and colourful garlands
- A Taste of Fall where you can enjoy hot apple cider while listening to stories brought to you by the Whistler Public Library Book Bike
Last Chance Activites!
Enjoy the crisp mountain air while you take advantage of the last few days for:
How are you celebrating this Thanksgiving? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts!