Cornucopia 2013: Whistler's Celebration of Food and Drinks
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Cornucopia, the Latin word for "horn of plenty," is a well-known symbol of abundance and nourishment around the world.
It is also the name of the food and wine festival that takes place every fall in Whistler. This year, the festival promises to be more abundant and nourishing than ever before. Not only has it expanded to eleven full days, but it has also added a number of new food and drink events such as the brand new Nourish Series. The 17th annual Cornucopia festival takes place between November 7th - 17th and will attract thousands of visitors to town. A full schedule of gourmet food, wine, beer, and spirits events will satisfy every taste.
What to expect?
- CRUSH Gala Grand Tastings: This popular flagship event features wines from acclaimed wineries around the world that you can sip and savour as you make your way around the room. It takes place on Saturday, November 9th at the Whistler Conference Centre and tickets are on sale for $89.
- Wine and Drink Seminars: Learn from experts and professionals about all kinds of wines, spirits, and beers. This year's schedule includes Craft Beer for Wine Lovers, Classic Cocktails, and Argentina: More than Malbec. Seminars are held throughout the festival at the Whistler Conference Centre and tickets start at $29.
- Culinary Stage Series: Attend a delicious, educational tasting demonstration hosted by a skilled chef in action. They will be covering a variety of niche topics including holiday cooking, home cheesmaking, and raw food diets. You can watch the demonstrations daily at the Whistler Conference Centre for $40.
- Drink Tastings: In addition to the CRUSH Gala are a number of other opportunities to sample a variety of wines such as the Top 25 Celebratory Reception that takes place at the Whistler Public Library on November 9th. Tickets for that event are only $35.
- Winemaker's Dinners: Join internationally acclaimed chefs and sample their expertly crafted multi-course menus that have been paired to perfection with a spectrum of wines. One that you won't want to miss is presented by the Foxtrot Vineyards and Painted Rock Estate Winery at Hy's Steakhouse on November 8th. Tickets are available for $145.
- Parties: After the sun goes down the fun continues with Cornucopia's schedule of exclusive parties that combine, food, drinks, and live music together for the ultimate experience. It all starts with the Best of BC House Party at the Whistler Conference Centre on November 7th. Tickets are available for $45.
- Nourish Series: The most talked about new addition to the festival this year is the Nourish Series, featuring events that are focused on healthy eating and living a well-balanced lifestyle. The series will cover a wide range of topics such as "Fish and Forest from First Nations," "Paleo Cuisine," and "Raw Food: The Seasons." Tickets range in price from $10 - $30.
Cornocupia 2013 is going to be an unforgettable experience, especially for your tastebuds. Don't wait until the last room in the village sells out... Book accommodations at the Adara Hotel for discounted rates starting at $89 per night and you'll be guaranteed a place to stay when you arrive.
For more information about the festival, tickets, or schedule visit: http://whistlercornucopia.com