WinterPRIDE: Gay & Lesbian Ski Week
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012
Adara Welcomes WinterPRIDE Guests
WinterPRIDE is Whistler's Gay and Lesbian ski
week. With dozens of fun and exciting indoor and outdoor
events happening from February 5th to 12th 2012.
Adara is a TAG approved accommodation provider. We enforce non-discriminatory policies for our staff and guests alike. We welcome all guests and hope to make your stay as memorable and enjoyable as possible.
Great Events During WinterPRIDE
You will have no problem finding things to do during WinterPRIDE. From the obvious skiing and snowboarding - with volunteer tour guides, to dog sledding and backcountry snowmobiling and skiing - there are countless options for all levels of experience and taste. And lets not forget the parties! Whistler's already pumping nightlife is going to explode during this week.
Each days events have been documented on our Events page Each day there will be Ski and Snowboard guiding by volunteers, and the guest relations office will be open for ticket purchases. In addition to this, each day there will be special, extra events. Click the links on the left to learn more about each day of WinterPRIDE.
- Day 1 of WinterPRIDE - On Day 1 there will be a welcome reception and an after party at Buffalo Bills.
- Day 2 of WinterPRIDE - Callaghan Country Cruiser, Up Yer Kilt party and Après Ski are among the events on Day 2.
- Day 3 of WinterPRIDE - Trappers Run Dog Sledding, Apres Ski at Bearfoot Bistro and a Cowboy / Cowgirl party.
- Day 4 of WinterPRIDE - Inner Tubing on Blackcomb Mountain, Apres Ski at the Conference Center and the Gender Bender Drag Ball
- Day 5 of WinterPRIDE - Day 5 has the Skeleton Slide Experience, Barefoot Mixology, Comedy show and the Holiday Inn Pool Party.
- Day 6 of WinterPRIDE - Pride eagle Ziptrek tour, Whistler Beer Tasting, Village t-Dance, Celebrities Snowstorm, Furrocious denim / leather party and Purrlesque.
- Day 7 of WinterPRIDE - Barefoot Wine Tasting, Après-ski, Shred Betties Bash, Snowball Dance
- Day 8 of WinterPRIDE - Day 8 is the LAST day of WinterPRIDE.
These are just a few of the many things available in Whistler. There are world-class spas, dining and scenery. And Whistler is consistently voted among the top North American Ski and Snowboard destinations in the world.
Marriage In Whistler
Considering taking that big step? British Columbia made same-sex marriage legal back in 2003.Whistler is a spectacular location with its natural beauty, tranquility, and large choice of wedding venues. This may be the perfect location to tie the knot.
Need a Place to Stay During Your WinterPRIDE Getaway?
Adara Whistler Hotel is proud to be a TAG Approved accommodation provider. TAG Approved properties enforce "non-discriminatory policies including sexual orientation and treat heterosexual and domestic partners equally in personnel policies; they provide diversity and sensitivity training for employees and employ staff that reflect the diversity of the community, including gay and lesbian employees in all levels of employment".
Plus our Whistler Village location is central to virtually all Winter PRIDE events.
Check out our Whistler hotel suites and studios.
Our friendly and caring staff are waiting to assist you with any queries you may have. Contact Us today to book accommodation for WinterPRIDE 2012. We look forward to having you!